Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.6 mirrors not reflecting
I've turned on "Mirror Reflections (On-screen and Snapped Frames)". No reflections anywhere.

What's the trick?
First, have you used Help > Check for Program Updates? Some mirrored objects were updated after the initial release of FrameForge 3.6. Second, tell us exactly which mirrors you tried.
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]
Yes, I've already downloaded the updates. Same mirror as in this demo: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcTL1Lqico4">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcTL1Lqico4</a><!-- m -->

[Image: 68MZuji.png]
Please "Check for Program Updates" again. That sure looks like the previous version of the "ornate mirror" object.
"All files are currently up to date"
Hmm, odd. Let's make sure you have the right version, as follows. Check for program updates again, and in the dialog that says all files are up to date, click the button Choose Updates Manually. In the following dialog, check the Expert Mode option at the lower left, and then in the search field in the upper right, enter ornate . There should then be two files in the list. Click the check marks next to both of them, and then click Install Checked Updates. Then quit FrameForge, reopen it, and see whether the problem persists.
That fixed the ornate mirror. What now?
I'm glad to hear we've made progress.

I'll look into why the update didn't work automatically, but I kind of have my hands full right now. So to get you going sooner, I'd suggest doing the forced update again, but this time enter mirror as the search term, and just check all the mirrors except for the ornate one you already did.
Ok. I also may try reinstalling from scratch, and migrating from 3.5 again, since I have received two differing instructions on how to do that. I'll notify if I discover something new.
After several reinstallations over the past day to try to solve this, I am now hitting the validation limit and can't continue with the current installation. Please reset my registration count in your database.

Ideally this counter would not increment on reinstallations to the same machine ID or fingerprint. In all instances I have reinstalled to the same MacBook Pro.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn1103/_index.html">https://developer.apple.com/library/mac ... index.html</a><!-- m -->

Please reset my validation count so I can continue..
I un-trashed an installation and ran Uninstall to credit one installation. So I can now proceed.

I would still like this counter reset, as apparently I am up against a limit inappropriately, due to several successive installations on the same machine. I have not been running Uninstall until now, just trashed installations that were broken or placed on my system where I did not want them.
Please e-mail <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@frameforge3d.com">support@frameforge3d.com</a><!-- e --> , providing your serial number and explaining why you need your install count increased.
I spoke too soon. Even though I performed an uninstall and was told it de-validated, upon trying to register, it still says that no registration credits are available. So now, I can neither validate nor de-validate, nor run the program.

Dead in the water.
Does the mirror issue have something to do with object file dates? It seems that the "ornate mirror" without reflection dxf file is dated 2/1/16, and the one with reflection is dated 1/3/16.

Forcing a download of the ornate mirror fixed the reflection issue, but resulting files are dated before the ones already in my library.
I have emailed support on the registration/validation issue. This issue still relates to getting mirrors working.