Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Frame Size - Panasonic GH4
Hi everyone.

The Panasonic GH4 specs are as follows when set to 1920x1080P. In this mode there is NO cropping of the native image sensor.

Aspect: 4:3
Sensor: 17.3mm x 13.0mm
Video Size: 35mm

When I put these measurements into FF3D and set up prime lenses for 12mm, 14mm, and 25mm I find that the image is not consistent in FF3D with the real world.

I took physical measurements of a room and its windows. Top to bottom, side to side, depth, window measurements (from ceiling, from floor). I measured the placement of the camera distance and lense height for a test image. I then built a set inside FF3D that fit the exact measurements of my test room.

I find that FF3D seems to add a solid 2 feet or more in the top and bottom of the screen. The left and right of the image seems to be only off by about 2-3 inches of the real life camera image. Any ideas as to why this is happening and how to really lock in FF3D to be exact?
Figured this out. Turns out that in video mode the GH4 switches over to 16:9 (duh). In FF3D the 16:9 aspect ratio has to be selected from said drop down when setting up the custom frame size. After doing that, the images are identical.

I hope my mistake will help the next person set this up correctly. Happy Pre-Vizing!
Glad we could help... :0