Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Custom Poses From 3.5 to 3.6
Once again I seem to have lost my custom walk and samurai poses when upgrading to 3.6. I copied the contents of the posing folder from 3.5 to 3.6 and ran WebGrab to update everything, but I still can't find my custom poses. With this upgrade, do I do something differently?
I can't think of a reason that procedure wouldn't work... but an alternate approach would be to run 3.5 and export the custom poses, and then run 3.6 and import from the file(s) you created by the export. Or if you'd like to send me your posing files (e.g., actor (male).pose) from 3.5, I can try it here.
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]
Okay, I'll try that. If doesn't work I'll send you the 3.5 files.
For other readers, here's non-import-export way to upgrade poses:
  • Find the relevant pose files in the (posing) folder of FrameForge 3.5, e.g., "actor (male).pose" for adult male actors.
  • Copy these pose files into the (posing) folder of FrameForge 3.6. (Assuming you have not created any custom poses in FrameForge 3.6, no harm will be done by replacing the pose files that were already here.)
  • Launch WebGrab for 3.6.

Now here's the tricky part. Your customized pose files from FrameForge 3.5 may have been modified more recently than the ones on the WebGrab server, in which case WebGrab will think they do not need an update. Yet we do want to update your pose files with poses that Innoventive added in FrameForge 3.6. So we must force WebGrab to update them.
  • Click the "Choose Updates Manually" button.
  • Click the "Expert Mode" checkbox.
  • Type ".pose" in the search field, so that the list will show only pose files.
  • Check the pose files that you copied over from 3.5.
  • Click "Install checked updates".
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]