Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No response from Frameforge Director's pad on Windows 10
I'm using FrameForge v3.6 pro and my FrameForge Director's pad is not working at all.

I've plugged it into USB 2 on my computer, saw it briefly flash up as a Mad Catz controller as Windows 10 recognised it. Loaded Frameforge and the controller doesn't do anything, it's completely dead. Had it previously working on another computer under Windows 7.

Anything I can do to get the controller working?

Thanks for any help,
Tony
Hi Tony,

Can you try to determine if the controller itself is dead or if its dead simply to FrameForge. This should be easy enough to do by launching the Windows 10 control panel or, being Windows 10, go to the Settings charm > PC settings > PC and devices > Devices. Once here, scroll down to the link that reads “Devices and Printers” inside the “Printers and Scanners” tab, and click on it. From here, the controller should pop up as long as it’s already connected. Find the controller, and right click it to bring up the following drop-down menu. From here, click on the option for “Game controller settings”. After you click this, a window should automatically pop up. From there, click on the “Properties” button. The window that follows will contain two options: “Settings” and “Test”. To start, choose the Settings tab, and then click the button in this window that reads “Calibrate”. Now you can not only calibrate your controller if needed but you've verified that the OS itself recognizes a valid device. Let me know what you find.

I use virtual machines for nearly all of my testing here but Ive had a difficult time getting certain USB devices to successfully pass through the host machine to the guest virtual machine with Windows 10. For that reason, I will need to isolate an actual computer i can install Windows 10 on to test our controller against.
[Image: c9Cuvhp.png]
Hi again Tony,

Yesterday I managed to put together a dedicated Windows 10 computer (64 bit Professional) and I spent some time testing the Director's Pad with FrameForge version 3.6.0 build 20. Nothing I encountered in my testing was problematic. The OS loaded its own native drivers when the game pad was plugged into a USB 2.0 port as it was supposed to. I checked the game pad in the device settings panel and despite not needing it, I calibrated the game pad just to make sure that the OS was seeing all of the game pad's input (buttons, triggers, bumpers, thumb sticks and thumb pad). I launched FrameForge and the program noticed immediately that a game pad was plugged in and automatically launched the director's pad configuration menu. I used the game pad through out the day and it never had an issue.

I know this is not much help to you in your case, I just wanted to point out that it's not a case of FrameForge not working with game pads on Windows 10 machines across the board.

You mentioned that he game pad you have was fine when used in conjunction with Windows 7. Do you still have access to that Windows 7 computer? If you could verify that the game pad still works with FrameForge on that computer, it would confirm that the game pad itself isn't dead from a hardware malfunction.
[Image: c9Cuvhp.png]
Thanks Chris for confirming that the Frameforge Director's pad does work on Windows 10.
I checked that my pad was working as you suggested and Game controller settings showed this.

For others who may have a similar problem I solved my issue by pressing advanced tab in Game controller settings and then "select the device you want to use with older programs" choosing Mad Catz Game Controller.

Then Frameforge worked with my Frameforge Director's pad.

Cheers,
Tony