Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interrogation Room
Admin: Great work! Note that this set has been updated for version 2 with a one-way "mirror" which you NEED to get from the Free Objects from Innoventive Software Forum and install in the WALLS folder.

This is the first set I've built in FrameForge. It's a police interrogation room I needed for a feature I've just started boarding. I'm just getting my feet wet with this whole thing, and I'm looking for some feedback.

[Image: interrogationroom.jpg]

Some notes about the set:

* The dropped ceiling is removable. It's there for cool low angle shots.

* Using the supplied cameras, the observation room mirror is one-way... meaning, you can see in, but they can't see out.

* The set requires 2 custom textures (download them below)
"concrete floor.gif" should go in the "flooring" folder
"ceiling tile.jpg" should go into a new texture folder called "ceilings"

Honestly, I'm not sure if I used the tools correctly, but I got the result I needed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   concrete-floor.jpg (Size: 454 bytes / Downloads: 2,995)
.set   interrogation room.set (Size: 5.03 KB / Downloads: 428)
Just figured out how to export the "set" file. It's attached below. I left the project file on the previous post, 'cause I think it's kinda cool to see some cameras in place.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.set   interrogation room.set (Size: 4.22 KB / Downloads: 566)
Aftershok Wrote:Just figured out how to export the "set" file. It's attached below. I left the project file on the previous post, 'cause I think it's kinda cool to see some cameras in place.

Looks fantastic. Only thing I'd suggest is give the actors some different colored clothes to better distinguish them from one another.

But I particularly like the fake light circle you made by using a cone and making it transparent.

Thank you for sharing this.
I'm really impressed for your first set. Nicely done!!!

Thank you for sharing.
Hi I'm pretty new to this so please bare with me..

I've written a couple of 10 page screenplay shorts, both utilizing an Interrogation Room and as I'm a new registered owner of FrameForge 3D Studio 2 v2.5 I thought I'd download this set and import it into my version and have a look see if I could use it.

Unfortunately, during import there appears to be some object files missing from the library which are used in this set.

I'd be grateful if one of the admin guys on the forum could first let me know if this set will indeed import into FrameForge 3D Studio 2 v2.5 and if so what do I need to do to get it to do so? All attempts so far have been futile and I have tried to follow the instructions left by the original poster but to no avail.

I'd be most appreciative for your help.

Thanks in advance

Kevan
Kevan Wrote:Hi I'm pretty new to this so please bare with me..

I've written a couple of 10 page screenplay shorts, both utilizing an Interrogation Room and as I'm a new registered owner of FrameForge 3D Studio 2 v2.5 I thought I'd download this set and import it into my version and have a look see if I could use it.

Unfortunately, during import there appears to be some object files missing from the library which are used in this set.

I'd be grateful if one of the admin guys on the forum could first let me know if this set will indeed import into FrameForge 3D Studio 2 v2.5 and if so what do I need to do to get it to do so? All attempts so far have been futile and I have tried to follow the instructions left by the original poster but to no avail.

I'd be most appreciative for your help.

Thanks in advance

Kevan

I think there's a few items in there that are in the add-on Crime and Justice Pack. The Admin notes in the OP:

Admin: Great work! Note that this set uses a one-way "mirror" so selecting things can be a bit unexpected if you try to click on something in the interrogation room while actually in the viewing area. Secondly, it uses an in/out tray from the Crime and Justice Pack. If you don't have that then just skip loading that object and delete the gray "fog" placeholder.

You have to buy the add-on packs.
Kevan Wrote:Hi I'm pretty new to this so please bare with me...

Unfortunately I can't "bare with you" as I have an office mate... however, we'll be happy to bear with you... :)

In any case, I've updated the set to version 2 and included a true one-way "mirror" for ease of use. Go back and reread the first message in this thread (which I've commented) and download the updated files.
Innoventive Software, LLC Wrote:Unfortunately I can't "bare with you" as I have an office mate... however, we'll be happy to bear with you... Smile

In any case, I've updated the set to version 2 and included a true one-way "mirror" for ease of use. Go back and reread the first message in this thread (which I've commented) and download the updated files.

Sorry about the typo. that's 24 hours straight without any sleep for you. I think I was running around like a bear with a sore head trying to import this set in the wee hours and not getting anywhere with it. Very frustrating.. Anyways, glad you had a giggle..

Hey, thanks for converting this to make it compatible with version 2 and for the explanation regarding the missing files and whatnot, fantastic!

I reckon if the original posters were more forthcoming with a little more information regarding what files are used and how a user can import, the folder locations and such it sure would save a lot of hair pulling.

Maybe a forum sticky is required regarding this to ensure a continuity in the upload requirements so users are aware of the detailed requirements? Just a suggestion..

Anyways, thanks again for your help, it us much appreciated.

Once I get to grips with this amazing program I intend to upload a bunch of stuff and share it with the community here. I don't skimp on documentation so when I upload anything all the relevant details will be made available. In fact, if and when I do upload something I may include an ASCII text file containing the installation instructions for whatever the files are and that way there will be no confusion.

Thanks to the original poster for making this set available too, much appreciated, I owe you one..

Thanks, guys..

Kevan
Just a quick note of feedback regarding my success in importing the Interrogation Room into FrameForge 3D Studio 2 version 2.5..

All I can say is WOW!!!

This is an amazing set, really well designed and thought out.

My 10 minute screenplay is titled MAN IN THE MIRROR and this Interrogation Room set having a one-way-mirror and observation room are perfect, I'd written those into the script so I can't believe how right on the money this is!

I added an Arab looking guy, and 3 Caucasian guys. Two guys Interrogate the Arab suspect and one Caucasian monitors in the observation room.

In order to make the characters dress appear more realistic I downloaded a Desert Camouflage Military khaki texture for two of the characters, dressed one Caucasian with regular pants and white shirt/black tie to signify a C.I.A. guy and finally colored a white T-Shirt and pants on the Arab in Orange to emulate Prison issue overalls and I'm absolutely gob-smacked at how realistic this looks on screen.

Just like to personally thank Aftershock for this fantastic set and to thank Admin for your great help on this. Jeez, I owe you guys.

Once I get up to full speed on this baby I'll make some original sets and post them here..

What a fantastic program and great bunch of people you guys are in this community. I'm overwhelmed..

Thanks again, guys..

Kevan

BTW, here's where I downloaded the Desert Camouflage Military khaki texture for anybody interested.

http://www.dreamstime.com/desert-camouflage-image736064
Wow!

I just popped in, and to my surprise, found all your comments. I'm thrilled that there are other people out there who've found use for the set! And even more psyched it's been updated!!!

Very cool indeed.

Thanks for all the feedback and Best Wishes!

-Taz (Aftershok)
It's great to hear that you're using FrameForge for your incredibox project. The police interrogation room set you've built looks quite impressive for your first attempt.