Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photoshopped decal won't appear in FF3D
I created my own decal in Photoshop and saved it in the decals/wounds directory as a .png and it is not showing up when I go to choose a decal. Any ideas?
Standard questions: Are you on Mac or Windows? Have you run WebGrab recently?
Thanks a ton. Running Web Grab made my decals available. Do I have to run it every time I want to add decals?

Best regards,
Peter
I was using XP Pro by the way.
Thanks again,
Peter
pramsey Wrote:Thanks a ton. Running Web Grab made my decals available. Do I have to run it every time I want to add decals?

No. Apparently there was a program update that improved access to some kinds of decals, but now that you have it, you're set. Just check for updates every few weeks, or when you're about to report a bug.
It's happening again. I can't get the decals to come up with or without Webgrab. HELP!!
pramsey Wrote:It's happening again. I can't get the decals to come up with or without Webgrab. HELP!!

What format are you saving the decals in? PNG is generally the best choice.
I saved them all in .PNG and for a while I had to run webgrab every time I wanted to use them for some reason. I was told that updating once would do the trick but had to do it every time. Now I cannot access them at all. I even made duplicates at 32x32 like the rest of the decals and that did not help either. This is driving me crazy and that trip isn't to far ;-). Thanks for your help.
Peter
pramsey Wrote:I saved them all in .PNG and for a while I had to run webgrab every time I wanted to use them for some reason. I was told that updating once would do the trick but had to do it every time. Now I cannot access them at all. I even made duplicates at 32x32 like the rest of the decals and that did not help either. This is driving me crazy and that trip isn't to far ;-). Thanks for your help.
Peter

That doesn't make much sense that you'd need to re-run webgrab all the time. It either updates or it doesn't...

Could you post one or two decals that aren't showing up?
Where do you want me to post them?
pramsey Wrote:Where do you want me to post them?

When you reply to a message, there shoudl be an ADD AN ATTACHMENT button at the bottom under where you type text. Click it and then select one or more decals.
Here they are. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files
.png   Spongedecal.png (Size: 14.99 KB / Downloads: 8,005)
.png   sponge.png (Size: 6.43 KB / Downloads: 8,005)
The files look OK...

When you say you cannot "access" them, do you mean that you click the "Choose Decal" button and look in the folder where the file lives, but you don't see the file? Are you sure you're looking in the right place? In the file selection dialog (or whatever it's called on Windows), does it make any difference if you set the "Files of type" pop-up menu to "Portable Network Graphics [PNG]"?

Your previous comment about multiple updates makes me think of a situation our tech support has seen once in a while: A user has copies of FrameForge installed in 2 different places on the computer. He updates one of the copies, runs the other copy, and then wonders why the update didn't "take". It's not likely, just thought I should mention the possibility.
Ok, I checked and they are indeed under the FF2/textures/decals and some are in the WOUNDS directory. You are correct I cannot see them in the list of decals when I go to try and apply a decal. I do have FF1 still on the PC but was afraid to delete it thinking it might invalidate my FF2 install. Can I get rid of it?

Peter
pramsey Wrote:Ok, I checked and they are indeed under the FF2/textures/decals and some are in the WOUNDS directory. You are correct I cannot see them in the list of decals when I go to try and apply a decal.

Can you give us a screen shot of what you see when you go to select a decal? You can do so by pressing PRINTSCREEN then going into MS Paint or Photoshop and pasting from the clipboard.

pramsey Wrote:I do have FF1 still on the PC but was afraid to delete it thinking it might invalidate my FF2 install. Can I get rid of it?

Yes, as long as you've backed up any storyboards that were in the storyboard subdirectory of V1...