Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP Can't save file!
I click "save" and this message occurs.
I rename the file via "save as". No problem can save my file. Do some work. Can save my file.
BUT:
Then I close my file.
Reopen it.
Same ERROR!
So I can't open an old Previz file edit it and save it under the same name.

No problems with other applications.

I'd try either running Frameforge as Administrator or taking ownership of the folder your saving to...
(02-12-2018, 06:32 AM)LRibissi Wrote: I'd try either running Frameforge as Administrator or taking ownership of the folder your saving to...

Thank you LRibissi, I have tried these workarrounds but meanwhile I found out why I had this problem. I am Austrian an so I named the folder for this project with an "umlaut"/ ( letter-diacritic combination) "ü". Frameforge has problems with these letters. (It's not only the "save" problem. It is also impossible to import 3D probs or to export cpack files correctly....)
I had contact with these great guys from the support team.

They wrote:
" Actually, regarding the use of non-North American English language characters in FrameForge, we have already made enormous progress in this regard. Most of the program's functionality has no problem working with character sets outside of North American English however there is still some work remaining as you can see. This seems to be an possibility we had not considered until now. "

So all my problems are gone by renaming my folder without any (for Americans) uncommon letters.
There are some aspects of the program that are still not yet fully UTF-8 compliant. We are addressing these issues as they arise. This particular one caught us off guard because the characters that were causing issues for the program were filesystem element names belonging to the parent operating system. Thanks for your patience.
[Image: c9Cuvhp.png]