Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.UD3 Files???
HOw do we import .ud3 files??? I've downloaded a few objects from this site but I don't know how to import them? I've tried through the usual Object Import but it doesn't recognize the .ud3 file type.

Anyone???

Thanks,

Derek
(04-11-2021, 09:32 AM)muttjones Wrote: How do we import .ud3 files??? I've downloaded a few objects from this site but I don't know how to import them? I've tried through the usual Object Import but it doesn't recognize the .ud3 file type.

Thanks,

Derek

At the moment, you need to install them "manually" by going to the TOOLS Menu in FrameForge, then MANAGE SUPPORT FOLDERS then OBJECT LIBRARIES and copy the .u3d file and its associated .JPG if any into the the folder of your choice.  NOTE that it must be in a SUBFOLDER of the Library and if you make a new folder, you may need to exit and restart FrameForge in order for it to appear.

ALSO, U3D files do NOT contain any actual objects but are rather collections of settings and/or glued together standard objects.  If someone posted a U3D file which uses a non-standard object or one in an expansion pack you do not have, unfortunately you will not be able to use it.
FrameForge Storyboard Studio
Unleash the Power of Previz
Looking to write an argumentative essay like a pro? Check out our comprehensive guide at https://writepaperfor.me/blоg/how-to-write-an-argumentative-essay-like-a-pro-useful-tips. Explore expert tips, effective strategies, and step-by-step instructions to ace your argumentative writing.