FrameForge Storyboard Studio Forums

Full Version: Creating A Tunnel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

benpeyser

I'm looking for advice on how to best create an indoor tunnel hallway. Would like to create a tunnel that goes through a sports stadium from locker room to field. Of course, if anyone has something like this, perhaps they'd be willing to share it.

Thanks,
ben

Harborth

I'd be glad to help talk you through it. Can you tell me what problems you are running into?

benpeyser

Harborth Wrote:I'd be glad to help talk you through it. Can you tell me what problems you are running into?

Thanks so much for the advice. I had originally wanted to create a curved ceiling tunnel. Tried manipulating the arches in the building blocks, but moved off it when i found i couldn't elongate the arch (to make a long tunnel). I have now created a rectangular tunnel simply w/3 long walls (one as ceiling). Any ideas on the curved tunnel?

Also, somewhat related. Now that i have a wall as a ceiling, do you know of a way to make the ceiling (or any other object for that matter) transparent in the BLUEPRINT? I want to show the characters but they are blocked in the blueprint view by the ceiling.

thanks,
ben

Innoventive Software, LLC

benpeyser Wrote:
Harborth Wrote:I'd be glad to help talk you through it. Can you tell me what problems you are running into?

Thanks so much for the advice. I had originally wanted to create a curved ceiling tunnel. Tried manipulating the arches in the building blocks, but moved off it when i found i couldn't elongate the arch (to make a long tunnel). I have now created a rectangular tunnel simply w/3 long walls (one as ceiling). Any ideas on the curved tunnel?

Also, somewhat related. Now that i have a wall as a ceiling, do you know of a way to make the ceiling (or any other object for that matter) transparent in the BLUEPRINT? I want to show the characters but they are blocked in the blueprint view by the ceiling.

thanks,
ben

There actually IS a ceiling object that is designed to do just that: be invisible in the blueprint but not to the camera views. It should be found in your WALLS library folder...

benpeyser

Innoventive Software, LLC Wrote:
benpeyser Wrote:

thanks,
ben

There actually IS a ceiling object that is designed to do just that: be invisible in the blueprint but not to the camera views. It should be found in your WALLS library folder...

Is there any way to curve the ceiling? If not, still looking for curved tunnel suggestions. Thanks.

Innoventive Software, LLC

benpeyser Wrote:
Innoventive Software, LLC Wrote:
benpeyser Wrote:

thanks,
ben

Is there any way to curve the ceiling? If not, still looking for curved tunnel suggestions. Thanks.

Here you go! You can resize this as needed.

benpeyser

Fantastic. Thanks so much. This should work great.