Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Percolate camera position
Hi,

I've completed a storyboard using the core version and now I am wondering if there is a way to "percolate" camera positions and angles across shots. If this is something available in the pro version then I would consider upgrading as long as it is simple to achieve what I'm after. I don't want to have to remake all the shots and poses, I just want to simply add a physical camera into a scene on a track or stand and then have that update the shots that already exist.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I am not sure I fully understand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I THINK you're asking for is to be able to replace all your floating cameras with physical cameras? If this is correct, what would you want to happen if the shot you have in mind is not possible with the equipment you're replacing it with?

In the Pro Version you CAN perform an On-Set Swap between a physical camera and a floating camera where the physical camera will replace the floating camera and try to match its framing as closely as it can within its equipment limitations and collision issues with walls, etc... but we don't support doing as a percolate swap because of all the potential conflicts between impossible camera heights/tilts/rolls and object collisions.

You can, however, setup a physical camera and percolate it into all your shots, then reload each shot that is affected, swap the physical camera and the floating camera, make any needed adjustments and resnap the shot with the physical camera.