Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost set
I feel certain, ChrisB, that the dizzy heights will agree embedding non-standard objects is the right thing to do. It was indeed the long arm of coincidence that resulted in failure, the three malfunctions of plane crashes. Thanks for putting it on the list.

JamesW, many hate Apple and its disingenuous corporate attitude towards its somehow, mostly, naive clients, not to mention its total abuse of Africa - Zambia was only discovered last month and my iPad is still considered to be in South Africa. It would not be difficult for the uninstaller to make backups of the non-standard objects from \ProjectData\ to the residual, mostly empty, folder, since I note it is still there.

Best regards and thanks for your help. I am still using the original printout since there are other non-standard objects missing as well. In short, it was a real unrecoverable mess.
One additional comment on this. We're looking into your suggestion of having it automatically save non-standard files with your previz file, but in the meantime, you should be aware that FrameForge Version 3.6 allows the user (that's YOU) to move the program's object library (and textures) to any location on the computer, including automatic cloud-based backup systems' folders such as Dropbox which keep previous versions of deleted files.

To take advantage of this feature then:

1. Without the program running, press the WINDOWS key, type %PROGRAMDATA% and press ENTER
  2. You will see a directory named FrameForge Previz Studio and you should move it to wherever on the computer you want it to go
  3. Make a shortcut to this directory in its new location by right clicking on it and selecting Create Shortcut
  4. Rename this shortcut to Library, and then move it into your FrameForge Previz Studio 3.6 Program folder and you're done!