Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed to restore world state
My computer crashed. After restarting it, i opened my previous project and it won´t open.
I am attaching the error messages.

They appear in this order:

-Message 1 (attached)

-Then it prompts me to send error report. (Attached)

- Message 2. (attached)

It neither allows me to to start any new projects. When i drag any object to a new project, the same messages appear.

I also opened the same project i was working on my lap top and it opens normally.

It seems to be a problem with the display card.
What would be the solution???
regards
Hugo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Error report.zip (Size: 9.89 KB / Downloads: 3)
Why do you say it's the display card, just the fact that it does not happen on your other computer?

When you say that you got an error on dragging an object into a new project, did you do that test after having received the error message in the same session? I'm wondering whether an error might put FrameForge into a bad state that persists even if you open a different project. So, if you haven't already done this:
  • If FrameForge is running, quit it.
  • Open FrameForge. (If it says it's restoring after a crash, quit and open again.)
  • Drop a new object into the (empty) project.

Is there still an error in this case?
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]
I say it is a display issue because the first time the computer crashed, i openned the program and it gave me a message about hardware or software acceleration of the graphics. I just assumed that.
Yes, i closed the program, Opened it again and dragged and object into a new project and the same happened.
Hello Hugo,

It's not your video card, not in this case. That second message you are seeing that says there was an access violation by one of the .dll files and an attempted read of memory space 00000000 means that the program tried to access memory space that is reserved by and for the operating system. When any program or process tries to access reserved memory space, the operating system's kernel shuts that process down. The first message you saw is a warning of sorts but its not an unrecoverable error. The second message is not one that normally allows you to proceed afterward.

If I understand your posts correctly, it sounds like now, every time you launch FrameForge, it attempts to reload the last file that was being used when it crashed. Unfortunately, some aspect of that file causes the same error to occur which in turn crashes FrameForge. When you re-launch FrameForge, the loops continues. Is this accurate?

Access violations, which also occur in OSX, can be notoriously difficult to diagnose and troubleshoot. We could spend a considerable amount of time trying to determine exactly what the problem is and how to resolve it. This is because an error like this can be unique to your machine. The same set of circumstances that cause the access violation to occur on your computer may very well not cause the error on my computer. You can see how this can happen since you are able to load the file on your laptop without any problem. For that reason alone, I often recommend simply reinstalling the program first as a possible solution. It often resolves the issue with the access violation and it tends to be the fastest path to resolving the problem. In your case, I would try running the WebGrab updater first though, just to make sure that you are running the latest release of the program prior to going to point of a full reinstall. You can access Webgrab by navigating directly to its executable in the FrameForge program group. Its located here:
C:\Program Files\FrameForge Previz Studio 3.6\webgrab6.exe
Launching this will result in WebGrab inventorying all of your FrameForge files and comparing them against any releases we have put out. It will download and install anything it finds that needs to be updated. Before running it however, I would consider deleting file SBEngineV4.dll which is also located here:
C:\Program Files\FrameForge Previz Studio 3.6
The reason for deleting it is that the error message states that this file is what resulted in the access violation in the first place. In the event it is corrupted in some manner, if you delete it then WebGrab will find it missing and replace it by downloading the latest version from our servers.

That's my initial recommendation. Delete SBEngineV4.dll, run WebGrab, Allow it to download and install anything it finds missing or out of date and then re-launch FrameForge. If the problem persists, I would then consider just doing a full reinstall of the program.
[Image: c9Cuvhp.png]
Well , what can i say.
First of all thanks for that extense and clear response.
I hadn´t had the chance to get to my computer untill today.
It happened that I opened the program today and it is working fine not only for a new Project but for the same file wich started the problema.
I believe my computer needed some vacations.
I will keep in mind this response in case needed.
Thanks a lot
Regards!!
Hugo
Hugo,

Well....what can I say? Perhaps your computer did need a vacation. Perhaps I need one as well. Thanks for letting us know and if it starts happening again, please contact me so we can take a deeper look at your previz file.

Best regards.
[Image: c9Cuvhp.png]
Uh, what else can I say? Maybe the computer really did need some downtime. Maybe I could use one, too. Thank you for informing us of the issue; if it should recur, please get in touch with me and I'll have someone take a closer look at your previz file. mini crossword