Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Updating
Just tried to run an update to the current version (V3.6.0.20 according to WebGrab) but encountered the (see screenshot) error.

This happens for this and two other files, 'FrameForge 3.6.exe' and 'quesa.dll'. Other files updated fine.

I've tried to update a few times now and same thing, consequently I'm not able to run the most recent version.

Hope you can help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you tried updating with closing Frameforge during the update process? You also can run the updater webgrab6.exe which is located in the Frameforge Application Folder. C / Program Files / FrameForge Previz Studio.
Hello Amulet,

Silly question but I have to ask...do you have available hard drive space on the drive you have the3 FrameForge installed on? (That would be your D: drive according to the screenshot you sent) Also, what operating system is FrameForge installed on? It's your choice to install the program wherever you want but I'm curious why you have the program installed in a subdirectory (Graphics) of the ProgramFiles directory?

Perhaps you should try this: browse to D:\ProgramFiles\Graphics\FrameForge 3.6 and locate WebGrab, right click it so that the context menu appears and select "Run Program as Administrator".
[Image: c9Cuvhp.png]
OK, 'Run as Admin' did the trick but never had a problem previously.

Using Windows 10 with over 800GB free on the D drive. FrameForge has always been installed in a sub-directory (since V1) alongside other related software (SketchUp for example).

Haven't had this problem with previous updates of FrameForge so a bit baffled why this should suddenly happen - unless some other security related settings have quietly fiddled with things in the background!
Good to hear that solved it.

Did you recently upgrade your OS to Windows 10? Just curious.

Microsoft's operating systems have, for a couple of versions now, enforced this dichotomy whereby a user who has Admin rights to the computer can launch a process that runs "neutered" in terms of rights and privilege as compared to those of the user account. What I mean is that even if the user account that you are logged in as has admin rights, starting a program doesn't mean the program has those same rights. It's a security 'feature' that Microsoft finally had to implement because their platforms were being exploited constantly...probably due to the size of the attack surface just as much as vulnerabilities in the code. *shrugs* I'm not crapping on Microsoft, just stating my opinion. Anyway, the degree to which program rights are de-escalated compared to the user's rights seems to have varied some between OS releases and, of course, programs seem to vary as well. If it bother's you, you can always go into the program's properties menu and choose to let the OS run the program with Admin rights every time it is launched. Regardless of that however, I am glad we were able to help resolve it.
Windows 10 was installed last year, so I suspect that a recent update has meddled with things as you suggest. Will make sure WebGrab has the relevant admin rights.

Thanks for the quick response and super support as per usual.
Whatever the cause, I am glad it is resolved.....and thank you for your continued patronage.