Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left-hand drive car
Can anyone think of a clever way to adjust the 3D model of one of the cars in the props list (I've been using "BMW X5_II) to make it left hand drive? I'm in the UK. So far I've been storyboarding with driver and passenger on the wrong sides, but I know that if I keep storyboarding like this I'm going to find it really disorientating correcting the images in my head when I get onto location. I could just put the driver on the passenger side with his arms out and no wheel in front of him, but that'd just look confusing and clumsy. If the solution is not to adjust the existing model, can I import another that will work in the software. (Ideally, a Tesla Model S, but otherwise another car of similar proportions)
Select the car, then use the menu command Objects > Mirror (Flip) Objects .
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]
Thanks James. Life-saver. Sorry I missed it. Amazingly obvious now I see it.
I had already put characters and camera positions in place for 3 or 4 scenes. Is it possible to lock both the characters and the camera positions to the car before I flip it, so that they all stay in the same positions relative to the object?

I tried and it said "can't mirror cameras". Just thought i'd double check before going through and correcting everything by hand.
No, I don't think you can do that, sorry.
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]