Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surfboard
I need to make a surfboard but the closest I can get is the ironing board with no legs!!

What program would I use to design an object that I can import into Frameforge? (I need some other objects as well)
justshorts Wrote:I need to make a surfboard but the closest I can get is the ironing board with no legs!!

What program would I use to design an object that I can import into Frameforge? (I need some other objects as well)

Anything that can produce a VRML (wrl file) works. There's a freeware one called "Art of Illusion" that's pretty good though not quite as intuitive as the big commercial ones.
here's is one a built a while back. Not incredible, but better than an ironing board. I'd also be happy to make any adjustments you would like. Let me know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.uzp   Surfboard.uzp (Size: 43.72 KB / Downloads: 66)
Thanks for that - It will do fine.

only by chance did I come across a site today that has masses of 3d images. There's a disclaimer not to be used for commercial purposes, but I can happily see my way around that, I'm just making short films

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www-c.inria.fr/gamma/gamma.php">http://www-c.inria.fr/gamma/gamma.php</a><!-- m -->

the images need to be imported into something like 3ds max and then exported to wrm files. If the file were modified/enhanced in 3D and exported - would the resulting (changed) image still hold the original copyright ?
justshorts Wrote:If the file were modified/enhanced in 3D and exported - would the resulting (changed) image still hold the original copyright ?

Yes, it would. Doing this is called, not surprising, "Frankensteining."
fair enough - I guess it's like any software, a lot of time and effort put in and too easy to copy.

I'll scrap the link and do it the right way - don't want something like this biting me on the butt when I'm storyboarding for some big name director (or when I'm a big name director myself) :-)