Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
motorcycle with sidecar
Now I need a motorcycle with sidecar (an actor has to sit in the sidecar of course) - old style if possible.
Would the guys do it for me, and how much would it cost?
Hello,

In your storyboard do you drive on the left or right hand side of the road?
Important because of what side of the motorbike the sidecar will be.
I just ask because this cycle baby trailer: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.frameforge3d.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4305&highlight=baby">http://www.frameforge3d.com/community/v ... light=baby</a><!-- m -->
could probably be adapted.

Best regards.

Ken Matthews.

PS: Or are you looking for the old open topped sidecar of the 1950's...
for example

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello Maya,

How about something like this?

I've posted the motorcyle with sidecar and you should Click here to get it.

Best regards.

Ken Matthews.

That's beautiful, thank you so much for sharing it!

I should point out, however, that it's not insignificant in terms of polygons...! Still having just one on a set shouldn't kill you, but I wouldn't try to add a fleet of them or just through it in as a background object -- I mean the text (model number on the sides and license plate) take up nearly 17,000 polygons all by themselves! And don't get me started on the springs... :)

In any case, we converted it to a true FrameForge Object and it can now have its color changed and a couple of its options removed, such as the shovel and medicine saddle box.

Thanks again for being such a great contributor to this community!

NOTE: for anyone looking to download this, there is a link in the fourth message of this topic, where it says "Click here."
Hello,

Thank you for your usual brilliant assistance...

Best regards.

Ken.
Thank you, it is exactly what I needed.
Tell me just if it is normal that I have to scale it down a lot on the set because it appears a gigantic motorcycle with sidecar, and if you now exactly what % I should scale it.
Thanks again!
Maya
Hello Maya,

Yes it does have to be scaled down a lot... Best way to do that is to bring your character onto the set and just scale down the motorcycle until it's the correct size in relation to your character/s

Best regards.

Ken.
Hello Maya,

I've scaled down the BMW sidecar and included the characters, just save the relationships and poses...
Hopefully there'll be no further problems...

Best regards.

Ken.

.uzp   Motorbike And Riders.uzp (Size: 10.7 KB / Downloads: 95)
When I try and download the motorbike & sidecar and then drag it into the vehicle folder,, I get an error which says
"The object state collection "Motorbike and Riders" specifies glued objects that cannot be found."

What am i doing wrong?
jamnewt69 Wrote:When I try and download the motorbike & sidecar and then drag it into the vehicle folder,, I get an error which says
"The object state collection "Motorbike and Riders" specifies glued objects that cannot be found."

What am i doing wrong?

That uzp file refers to a sidecar object that it does not include. That object was supposed to be at the "click here" link earlier in the topic, but it's missing. Sorry, unless kenmatthews comes back and fixes it, you're out of luck.
Thanks - I thought it was an error at my end.

Has anyone downloaded Kens motorbike & sidecar - I need one for my boards but I have no idea how to create one from scratch.
I have emailed Ken Matthews to see if he still has it, but haven't heard back yet. You can also talk to our support staff, they love doing that kind of thing, but it has to be fit in among their other work so if it's time critical, I don't know how fast they'll be able to do it.

Here is an incredibly rough one I just slapped together in case you're desperate...
Many thanks!
Hello,

Here's a jpeg of the motorcycle and sidecar.

Best regards.

Ken