Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to import UZP files?
I see a lot of user-created objects in UZP format. I'm having a heck of a time figuring how to get these into FF? I'm sure I'm missing some obvious thing. 

Can anyone shed some light on this, please?
(10-22-2018, 05:38 PM)samuelosmith Wrote: I see a lot of user-created objects in UZP format. I'm having a heck of a time figuring how to get these into FF? I'm sure I'm missing some obvious thing. 

Hey samuelosmith, I found this in another post:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
jamesw 

#6 05-05-2010, 12:42 PM
No, it's not VRML, .uzp is an archive format that is specific to FrameForge. To import it, you can drag it and drop it into one of the categories in FrameForge's object library list.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm about to give it a shot and see if I can sense of it.

--xenophile9.
[attachment=5257]
[attachment=5256 Wrote:xenophile9 pid='17590' dateline='1545185659'][attachment=5257]
(10-22-2018, 05:38 PM)samuelosmith Wrote: I see a lot of user-created objects in UZP format. I'm having a heck of a time figuring how to get these into FF? I'm sure I'm missing some obvious thing. 

Hey samuelosmith, I found this in another post:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
jamesw 

#6 05-05-2010, 12:42 PM
No, it's not VRML, .uzp is an archive format that is specific to FrameForge. To import it, you can drag it and drop it into one of the categories in FrameForge's object library list.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm about to give it a shot and see if I can sense of it.

--xenophile9.

OK, I've figured it out. Your "FrameForge object library list" is (apparently) a hidden folder that you can only find by using the "Library" shortcut that's in FrameForge's Program Files directory (C:\Program Files\FrameForge Pro\Library). See my attachment, "LibraryLink.JPG". 

Click "Library" and it takes you to C:\ProgramData\FrameForge Storyboard Studio. This is apparently the only way to get here. I tried using the search window and everything. "ProgramData" is a hidden folder. 

Anyway, drag and drop your .UZP files on the correct folder: "Library" if it's an object and on "textures" if it's a texture. 

Then, when you open FrameForge next time, you'll see what's on my other attachment, "LibraryLoad.JPG": A screen instructing you about how to load the .UZPs into their proper places in FrameForge.

I hope this helps the next new user down the line! It SUUUUCKED trying to figure this out on my own. FrameForge, hire a documentation guy for crying out loud!! Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)