Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sketchup Compatibility
Will someday be supported any newer version than Sketchup 6?
Now that Sketch up is an online APP, there is no chance to incorporate SKP files from their 3d warehouse. Or there is a way i haven´t discovered?
Regards
H
(03-26-2019, 08:32 AM)Hugo Montes Wrote: Will someday be supported any newer version than Sketchup 6?
Now that Sketch up is an online APP, there is no chance to incorporate SKP files from their 3d warehouse. Or there is a way i haven´t discovered?
Regards
H

I still use SketchUp 2017 and download models from the Warehouse for this version. Then save the model as SketchUp v7, which you can then import into FrameFrorge. Incidentally, officially FrameForge will only import up to SketchUp v6 - however, I've found that SketchUp v7 imports fine but no higher version than that. 

I've not used the online version of SketchUp but you can download previous desktop versions here:-

https://www.sketchup.com/download/all

I have asked this question myself about updating the SketchUp import feature of FrameForge, as it's one of my most used features. Unfortunately, so many of the previous forum's posts vanished when this new forum was created and I can't find a link to that discussion. From what I remember there were changes to SketchUp's API that made it difficult to update the FF importer.

I still pine for the old forum as there are numerous posts that I'm sure would help may users that seem to have been lost and this forum appears now to be very under used, which I think is a great shame. I very much hope that one day all those lost posts can be imported into this forum as it was a great resource and also demonstrated just how friendly the community was and how quickly help was given to questions such as yours.

Whilst I'm on it, I'd still very much like to see release notes issued with each new update, so that we can track which bugs get squished and which new features have been upgraded (such as the SketchUp import Wink ).

https://forum.frameforge.com/thread-5069.html