Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't delete floating cameras (Mac)
After step 4, you're in camera view, and you can't delete a floating camera without going back to blueprint view. So I assume you left out that step. And you didn't say whether you snapped a shot with the red or the blue camera, though maybe it doesn't matter. But I still don't have any trouble deleting a floating camera.

Sometimes what's easier than remembering to list every little thing is to make a screen recording (e.g., with QuickTime Player) of replicating the problem and then post the movie somewhere. For instance if you use Drop Box, you can put the movie in there and then get a link to the file.
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]
1) create a new project
2) add a second floating camera (blue)
3) store the blue camera shot
4) reload the stored shot
5) switch to blueprint view
6) select the blue camera in the main view
7) DELETE
8) OBSERVE: blue monitor deleted but camera not deleted from blueprint or Select list
Nope, I am not observing what you observe. I tried it on 2 different versions of the Mac OS, and also had our tech support guy Chris try it out.

Have you opened FrameForge's About box to verify that you're running version 3.6.0.18? Please don't take that question amiss. I don't doubt that you have that version installed, but in my experience sometimes someone has more than one copy of FrameForge on their machine, and depending on a person's ways of doing things, the version they're running may not be what they think. For instance, they double-click a desktop or Dock icon and it launches an older version.

It's possible that a screen recording would give me a clue.

It could be that some difference in preference settings explains a difference in behavior between what you're seeing and what I'm seeing. If you would like to try "factory standard" settings, you can do it as follows:

1. Quit out of FrameForge if it's running.
  2. In Finder, select the menu command Go > Go to Folder...
  3. In the resulting edit box, enter: ~/Library/Preferences (that first character is a tilde)
  4. Locate the file com.frameforge3d.frameforge3.plist and rename it to something like "old-com.frameforge3d.frameforge3.plist".

The next time you open FrameForge, it will create a standard settings file. If at a later date you want to go back to the old settings, you can do so by a similar procedure, replacing the new file with the old one, renamed back to the original name.
I am sure about the version, having checked and double-checked About.. throughout.

Wiping preferences remedied the problem. I still have the original prefs file.
That's good news. Please zip (compress) the old prefs file and e-mail it to me: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jamesw@frameforge3d.com">jamesw@frameforge3d.com</a><!-- e -->
Sent prefs file.
I was out of the office yesterday. Today, I tried your preferences file, and am still not able to reproduce the problem. Here's a screen recording: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/05606dl4a423con/delete-camera.mov?dl=0">https://www.dropbox.com/s/05606dl4a423c ... a.mov?dl=0</a><!-- m -->

In the preferences you sent, you were displaying a camera view full screen on a second monitor. If you turn that setting back on, does the problem come back?
That's it. When Full Screen View on Second Monitor is turned on, when the second monitor is disconnected, the issue with deleting cameras occurs. I hit this working during travel, when my second monitor was naturally not present.

Btw, in the perverse state, it is also possible for a reloaded shot to display a monitor with no corresponding floating camera in blueprint view.
Aha! At last I can reproduce the bug. It will be fixed in the next update. Until then, try to remember to turn off the second monitor setting before you disconnect the monitor.