Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't delete floating cameras (Mac)
Running 3.6. When I try to delete a floating camera, the corresponding monitor disappears, but the camera itself in the blueprint view does not. Then if I save and reopen, both camera and monitor are back. Doesn't matter whether I select in blueprint or Select tab.

This happens with any number of cameras.
Does it matter how you do the delete (i.e., delete backward key, delete forward key, or Edit > Clear menu item)?

Is this happening in a particular project, or does it happen immediately in a newly created project?

Are you using the latest Mac version, 3.6.0.15? What OS version?
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]
I just updated to 3.6.0.15, and it is no longer happening. It happened with all ways of deleting, including Edit > Clear. It has happened in previous versions as well, but I was able to overcome it with persistence. I reported it this time because I could not delete them for my life.

In 3.6.0.15 I find that the first click of a floating camera selects it only briefly, and then it become unselected a second later. The second click it stays selected. This happens every time you select a different floating camera.
stevefal Wrote:I just updated to 3.6.0.15, and it is no longer happening. It happened with all ways of deleting, including Edit > Clear. It has happened in previous versions as well, but I was able to overcome it with persistence. I reported it this time because I could not delete them for my life.

Weird, but I'm glad to hear that's not happening any more.

stevefal Wrote:In 3.6.0.15 I find that the first click of a floating camera selects it only briefly, and then it become unselected a second later. The second click it stays selected. This happens every time you select a different floating camera.

I can't reproduce that one either. (I tried it on one machine running OS 10.7, and another running OS 10.11.) Does this new issue happen in newly created documents? Are you using any unusual hardware (e.g., game pad) or software (e.g. collaboration software) that might be altering keyboard or mouse events?
I'm running 10.11.4 and I have nothing unusual running that should affect key events.

It does happen with a new project. After selecting a floating camera, the selection glow immediately disappears.
Hmm, there must be something different about your setup and mine. We know it's not the program version or the OS version. Perhaps a difference in FrameForge preferences could affect it. Please try temporarily reverting to "factory standard" preferences, as follows:

1. Make sure FrameForge is not running.
  2. Go to the Finder and open a Finder window (File > New Finder Window).
  3. Go > Go to Folder... and enter ~/Library/Preferences (That first character is a tilde).
  4. Put the window in list view.
  5. Locate a file named com.frameforge3d.frameforge3.plist and rename it (e.g., put an x on the end).

When you next start up FrameForge, it will be using default settings. See whether the problem still exists.

To go back to you previous preferences,

1. Make sure FrameForge is not running.
  2. Go back to the Finder window showing the Preferences folder.
  3. Trash the new version of com.frameforge3d.frameforge3.plist
  4. rename the old version back to com.frameforge3d.frameforge3.plist.
It does not happen with a clean pref file.

I've played with various preferences but so far have not found one that triggers this issue.
OK, that's progress. If you could send me your old preferences file (compress to a zip file, then e-mail to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jamesw@frameforge3d.com">jamesw@frameforge3d.com</a><!-- e -->) maybe I could figure it out.
FrameForge for Mac version 3.6.0.16, now available, fixes this bug.
Confirmed no longer happening. Thanks!
This is broken again in 3.6.18 - Mac.

When I delete a camera, the monitor disappears, but the camera is still in the blueprint view and Select list. I cannot delete it.

Oddly, when reloading the shot, the corrupted state persists, so I'm screwed.

Please straighten this out once and for all. This is a work stoppage issue.
I am not able to replicate that issue in 3.6.0.18. If you create a new empty project and add a few floating cameras, are you unable to delete them?

This happens when loading a shot from SM. Repros with new project.
Sorry, I'm not clear on what loading a shot has to do with deleting cameras. Please give me an explicit step by step recipe to see the problem.
1) create a new project
2) add a second floating camera
3) store a shot
4) reload the stored shot
5) delete a floating camera, OBSERVE: monitor deleted but camera not deleted from blueprint or Select list