Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scenes in Shot Manager
In Shot Manager Is there a way to separate and organise shots into scenes?

For example, being able to click 'New Storyboard' in shot manager and get a new page but access to all the sets would be ideal. Each Storyboard could be labeled as per the scene.

I would appreciate any hints and tips on this? Smile
Well, it doesn't work quite the way you're wishing for. The hierarchy list in the upper left of the Shot Manager organizes shots into "sequences", a sequence being a contiguous group of shots on the same set. Images imported using File > Import... > Shots as Graphics belong to a pseudo-set named Imported Graphics. One possibility would be to use imported images as scene dividers. Another possibility would be to use separate previz project files for different scenes. Of course that would not require rebuilding your sets in each file, since you can import and export shots and sets.
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]
Wow. I guess...I guess... I don't know. I'm confused.

"In Shot Manager Is there a way to separate and organise shots into scenes?"

I just label each of the shots as such: 1A, 1B and 1C. Meaning scene one, shot A. And then I if I need to add tweens, I label them as such: 1Aa, 1Ab and 1Ac. Meaning scene one, shot A and in-between frames a, b, and c.
Banksyde, yes that's a reasonable way to organize shots. I didn't think that's what Scottvickers meant in terms of a way to "separate" the scenes, but I could be wrong. Maybe I was overthinking it.
[Image: JamesWSigFile.png]
There's another in-depth discussion of "scene" here.
James,

Honestly, I don't know what Scottvickers meant.

Steve,

Wow. That is lot to read. However, I'm a little confused by one passage.

3) A scene: #2 EXT. PARK - DAY. A monologue with Jessica - 18 shots.
4) Then I want to add fog to NIGHT.
5) Then I want to turn the light post off for DAY

I understand how you want to change the weather and time in a scene, but I don't understand the reason why. Are you changing the conditions of the scene to experiment with how the scene might feel with different weather or at different time of day?
Quote:I understand how you want to change the weather and time in a scene, but I don't understand the reason why. Are you changing the conditions of the scene to experiment with how the scene might feel with different weather or at different time of day?
Responding in the original post...